This may be a day late but I just had to post this since they came out so cute looking.
Mini Easter Basket Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Now I know it sounds like a mouth full but it’s not hard to make at all.
What you need:
1 Box – Mini Ice Cream Cones (they come 42 in a box)
1 1/2 – Cake-Batter Doughnuts recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie (she has some of the best stuff on her site). I used vegan butter instead of oil and I add sprinkles to my batter.
1/4 Cup Coconut Flakes or shreds (optional, I did some with and some without but I prefered with).
1 Can – Pillsbury Funfetti Vanilla Frosting (Funfetti version just has sprinkles which you don’t really need unless you gonna use them for the batter but I like saving them for other things)
Green Food Coloring
How do you create this amazing mini cone of cuteness you ask…well here’s how.
- Place the mini cones into a mini cupcake pan ( I had to use 1 mini cupcake pan and an 8×8 square pan but you can use whatever will hold them good)
- Make batter
- Fill the cones with batter about 1/2 – 2/3 full. I used a medium ice cream scooper and one scoop worked great.
- Place cones with batter into oven at 350 for about 15-20 minutes, until tooth pick in center comes out clean.
- Place on cooling rake. They don’t take long to cool at all which was nice.
- Put a few drops of food coloring into frosting and stir good. Once mixed good you can frost them any way you want. I went with a grass tip I had with my decorating tools.
- Add some food coloring to your coconut and mix good. Once mixed good place on top of frosting. Kind mush it slighty to get it to stick into the frosting. (Now if you don’t like coconut or don’t want to use it just skip to the next step)
- Add jelly beans…once again kinda mush them into the frosting/coconut.
This is best served the same day because the cones get a little less crunchy but there still good the next day (believe me I had 2 today already at work :))
As you can see I had some left over batter ( I made 2 batches but 1 1/2 like I put in the recipe will be plenty) so I made some regular size easter basket cupcakes as well.
Oh and you can do this for anything really…just leave out the jelly beans and add something else, like a cherry to look like a real ice cream cone. Or you can pipe the icing high and dip it in chocolate to make a chocolate dipped ice cream cone!!! So many possibilities not a big enough stomach!